This is a short tutorial on How to make a text fade in Flash CS3(level Beginner)
1. Create a new Flash Document
2. Select the text tool(shortcut T) . In the properties pane at the bottom of the screen, select any color apart from white, choose font say Arial, and text size 30
3. Type some text. Eg "Hello Love" and press Escape(Esc) to exit text mode
4.With the text still selected, choose modify from the menu and select Convert to symbol. You can also press F8 on your keyboard to do the same.
5. In the pop-window, select top-left registration(default) and select type graphic
6. Give the symbol a name and click OK button
7. In the timeline, go to frame 25 and press F6 to insert a keyframe. Choose any frame between 1 and 25, right-click and select "Create motion tween". An arrow should appear if everything is right.
8.Go back to frame1, select the text and in the properties window at the bottom of the screen. In the color drop down select alpha. In the slider that appears, drag till it is 0.
9. Go to frame 50 and press F6 to insert a keyframe. .Select the text and give the text alpha 0% as in step 8. Choose any frame between 26 and 50, right-click and select "Create motion tween". An arrow should appear if everything is right.
10. Press Ctrl Enter on keyboard to test your design